How to install WordPress on cPanel?
Installing WordPress on cPanel can be done in a few ways. You can update the WordPress installation files directly to the folder for your website using the File Manager or FTP and go through the installation process from the beginning or you can use the Softaculous app and script installer included on your cPanel account.
Softaculous is the fastest and most convenient way to install WordPress on cPanel and can be done by following these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Use the search bar to search for Softaculous or scroll down to the Software section and select Softaculous from the plugin options.
- Now use the search function on Softaculous to find WordPress, or it may be shown on the main Softaculous page.
- Once you have clicked on WordPress, click the Install Now button and complete the fields as necessary for your website.
- Click Install at the bottom of the page to begin the installation process.
WordPress installation usually takes only a few seconds, however it can take slightly longer. Once it has been installed you will be shown your admin URL and can log in straight away to editing your new WordPress website.