Transfer emails between cPanel accounts
There may be a time where you need to manually transfer emails between cPanel accounts. This could be due to moving servers or changing how your websites are stored on cPanel accounts.
To manually transfer emails between cPanel accounts follow these steps:
Step 1: Backing up email directories
The first step in the email transfer is to backup email directories present in the old server.
1) Log in to your cPanel account in the old server.
2) Open ‘File Manager’ under the section ‘Files’.
3) Go ‘Up One Level’ above public_html.
4) You can see the mail directory there. Enter into the directory.
5) Right-click on the directory and click on the option available to compress the directory.
6) Now, download the compressed file to your computer.
Step 2: Restore email backups
1) Log in to the cPanel account of the new server.
2) Create the email accounts just as you did in the old server. You can create email accounts from the ‘Email Accounts’ section under the ‘Mail’ category.
3) Open ‘File Manager’ under the section ‘Files’.
4) Go ‘Up One Level’ above public_html and you can see the mail directory there. Enter into the directory.
5) Upload the email backup file to the directory.
6) Unzip the backup file and then delete the zip file.
7) Open Webmail and configure it to display the new email folders.